The story of my life or how to have the best experience of high school

My high school experience began when I came to "Mkhitar Sebastatsi" educational complex in 10th grade. Being a shy and reserved kid, it was going to be tough for me, as I learned from movies that people like me don't survive high school. I spent my previous nine years in a school, where I knew everyone from the age of 5 and practically grew up with them. But going to a new school with a new environment and atmosphere was different for me, as firstly - I did not know anyone there, and secondly - I'm not that good of conversation starter.

The first few months were hard for me, as I was still adapting the new surroundings and passions. I spent the beginning of the year finding people with my similar hobbies, jumped from one friend group to another; basically tried myself in every sphere to know what's best for me. As I spent more and more time in high school, I began to change both as a person and as an individual. I changed my opinions about a lot of different topics, gained a lot of flaws and quirks, went to various school trips and took part in many school projects.


As I tried to adapt to this new environment I obviously had to go out of my comfort zone and try out things that I thought I would never do such as travelling or making new friends. As I began to travel more and more each term, I became developed as a person and as an individual, acquired a lot of skills and a lot of hobbies, learnt how to sleep in a tent and how to live in the wild, how to climb a mountain et cetera. I even tested my abilities at singing. I became the member of "Khazer" choir and overcame my fear of performing at public places. The choir lasted a year, but as I didn't want to leave my passion of singing behing, I decided to join our school's folk band and became a vocalist in there.  


High school has also taught me that our friends and the people we surround ourselves with, have a tremendous influence on our own beliefs and actions. Throughout my high school experience, I've changed a lot of friend groups, but they all taught me great skills, encouraged me to learn from my mistakes, and been perceptive to my flaws. When I first came to this school, I was socially awkward, shy and introverted person. It was hard for me at first to get accustomed to the new school and environment, but as the years went by, I became more and more extroverted and ambitious. High school forced me to get out of my comfort zone and try out new things, so I can find my passions and determinations.

I will forever be grateful for the years I've spent in "Mkhitar Sebastasti" and will always remeber the good and bad times I have spent there. When I'll come back from UWC Mostar - visiting my school and teachers will be one of the first to-do things for me. 
  



Комментарии